I have recently made some changes about my work and responsibilities at GigaOM. It impacts how and when I respond to email. So far, many of you are used to responding to your emails almost instantly, but no longer. If you are from the PR community, I would like you to pay special attention to a few details. (Read On)
- Typical response time to any email is now about 24 hours. If I have not responded to your email, well try again. If I have not responded to the email after a second attempt, take it as a cue for me-not-being-interested.
- PR Folks: all press releases and urgent news alerts for GigaOM Network go to press-leads at gigaom dot com and will result in a prompt response from an appropriate writer.
- PR Folks: I don’t do press release rewrites. I write about technology innovations & disruptions whether it comes from a small startup or a large company. Advanced briefings often result in better pieces. For video interviews, contact Chris Albrecht at GigaOM.
- PR Folks: Be brief in your pitches. Less than 200 words outlining who, what and why. And preferably options on “when.”
- I prefer to do face-to-face conversations with Founders/CTOs/CEOs. Telephonic conversations are good when we are discussing something more time sensitive that needs a more immediate interaction.
- Please don’t pitch me with your story, less than 24 hours before the news release. As I said earlier, I don’t really do news release rewrites.
- For appointments: I only work in three-day slots: today, tomorrow and day after. I only take three meetings a day: 11.15 am; 14.00 pm or 16.45 pm. I am unavailable on Tuesdays and Wednesday & Thursday for the 11.15 am slots.
- And lastly, please read the blog and be aware of GigaOM events, so as to you don’t pitch for the day/week of the event.
If you want to meet with me, those are the available times. Apologies in advance if I don’t get back to you.