I joined True Ventures in 2008 as a venture partner. In 2014, I left Gigaom and journalism and joined True as a partner. I don’t retain any editorial links with Gigaom, where I am on the board of directors. As True partner, I currently am:
- On the board of directors of Veniam, an Internet of moving things platform company.
- On the board of directors of an undisclosed communications company based in Helsinki, Finalnd,.
- On the board of a undisclosed Internet-of-things company based in Silicon Valley.
- On the board (as an observer) of Academia.edu, an academic and research community focused company based in San Francisco.
- Oversees True’s investment in Metamarkets, a San Francisco-based data analytics company focused on programmatic advertising.
- Oversees True’s investment in OpenDoor, a real estate company that was co-founded by Keith Rabois and Eric Wu.
- Oversees True’s investment in Projector, a new data mining effort from Tim Young (Socialcast) and Aaron Gotwalt.
- On the board of Everywear Games, a Finland-based company developing entertainment experiences for wearables such as Apple Watch.
- Slack, a corporate messaging co-founded by Flickr co-founder, Stewart Butterfield.
- Sightglass, a San Francisco-based iconic artisanal coffee establishment.
- Was on the board of Socialcast, a San Francisco-based social collaboration software company was acquired by VMWare on May 31, 2011.
- Was a board observer for Sponge, an enterprise knowledge management company. Sponge was acquired by Kurtosys in August 2011.
- Was a board observer for Lexity. Acquired by Yahoo in August 2013.
- Oversaw True’s investment in Glider, a productivity web service. Acquired by FPX in April 2014
- Was a board observer for Little Inc., a mobile app company, behind MessageMe app. Acquired by Yahoo in October 2014.
- Was founder of Gigaom and on the board of the company. It was shutdown in March 2015.
- Was on the board of directors of Narrative, a Sweden-based wearable cameras company. It went out of business in mid-2016.
- Was on the board of directors of Storehouse, a San Francisco-based visual story telling platform. Acquired by Square in mid-2016.
- Was on the board of directors of TwinPrime, Redwood City, California-based wireless technology company. Acquired by Salesforce in late 2016. (#)