Today we are hosting our first international conference, GigaOm Structure Europe. One of the questions I keep getting asked is why did you pick Amsterdam? Apart from the fact that I don’t want to deal with the craziness at the Heathrow Airport, here are five reasons why we are hosting a conference in what is clearly my favorite European city…
5. Its pretty chill and people are friendly.
4. It’s one of the most over connected hubs by air and rail
3. It’s where American and European Internet hug it out.
2. It is where quite a few US companies are opening their datacenters.
1. It is Amazon CTO Werner Vogels’ home town.