Given the Christmas holiday coincides with a special day in my life, I decide to treat myself with a plethora of gifts. I bought a couple of scarfs, new jeans and books. A lot of books. I love mysteries, especially ones that are not based in my every day milieu.
Many of my favorite books are translations from other languages. I was reading Wallander series long before it was cool. Someday I must write about it, but today I wanted to share some of the new books I bought. You should try them: they are quite fun. Bad news: I am not blogging as much and staying up late at night reading this books. Good news: I am happy.
Happy Holidays everyone!
- A Sea of Troubles by Donna Leon
- The Wings of the Sphinx by Andrea Camilleri
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest by Stieg Larsson
- A Florentine Death by Michele Ferrara
And then there is Dr. Gregory House, the modern day Sherlock Holmes who is a misanthrope of the best kind. It is my favorite show and it is a kind of sickness because once I start watching it, well I can’t stop watching it.
- House, M.D. Seasons 1-5 downloaded via the iTunes Store. but the DVDs are better value for money. I wish I hadn’t downloaded and bought DVDs instead.