J.P. Rangaswami, chief scientist of Salesforce spoke at GigaOM Structure Europe this morning and was later hanging out in the speaker room with me and Mathew Ingram (who interviewed him.) He joked about something that I just had to blog:
- It took 40 years for IBM to become evil.
- It took 20 years for Microsoft to become evil.
- It took 10 years for Google to become evil.
- It took 5 years for Facebook to become evil.
- It took 2.5 years for Twitter to become evil. (I am not sure about this, for this isn’t factually true, but, I would let JP have the last word, for the sake of the punch line!)
Ergo, the half life of evil for technology companies is decreasing! Now before people get seriously upset. remember, it was just random fun conversation!