Siobhan McKeown, a young writer in the United Kingdom reached out to talk about a book she is writing and wanted to talk about blogging and how it has evolved. As someone who had learned the ethos of blogging from the likes of Doc Searls and Dave Winer, I told her, what I was taught by the giants:
- Blogging is a conversation.
- Blogs are a merely platforms of this continuous conversation.
- Blogging is sharing the way you look at the world with others, finding a community who wants to talk to you and your world view. (See. Fred Wilson’s AVC blog, Justine Musk)
- Blogging is not married to the platform. You can tweet, Instagram, tumble or write like I do – it is just sharing my worldview.
- Blogging is a conversation and what that means we have to listen. Listen, absorb, think and engage!
- Today there is a lot more chit-chat (thanks to social media platform) and lot less listening. I am positive that is going to change.