- Why would Bezos buy Washington Post? [Simon Wardley]
- Why the Washington Post isn’t a charity case for Jeff Bezos. [WonkBlog]
- The option value of established assets in media. [Dan Ramsden]
- A mogul gets a landmark in the capital. [The New York Times]
- Amazon founder, Washington Post & shopping cart errors. [Andy Borowitz]
- Why Donald Graham sold the Washington Post. [David Remnick]
- Stop the presses: A new press lord has emerged. [Michael Moritz]
5 thoughts on “7 must read pieces about Jeff Bezos buying The Washington Post”
Excellent reads, I’ve been fascinated by this story since I heard the thunderclap yesterday afternoon. Here’s my take on Bezos and the Great Decoupling (and a photo of him on stage at Web 2.0):
Om – not sure what the Define Media story has to do with Bezos.
What do you think about the mobile play? I wrote this: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/op-ed/Jeff+Bezos+newspaper+future/8750604/story.html for our local paper about the mobile opportunity print + mobile means for commerce. Thoughts on how Bezos will bridge the distance between the printed paper and our bank account?
Thanks as always!
Accidental inclusion 🙁
You have duplicate of this link which is erroneous for Simon Wardley blog http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20130805231302-25760-stop-the-presses-a-new-press-lord-appears
Thanks for the heads up. It is fixed.
Comments are closed.