It has been a while since I collated and published this list of must read articles. Primarily, it is because of the holidays, I have shifted my attention towards reading more books and write more. I am also spending less time on the web. Nevertheless, the good stuff keeps coming. Here are five great pieces that are worth reading.
- The most interesting people in the planet: Medium’s Backchannel is already the best technology magazine and this article by Bianca Bosker simply reinforces it.
- Designing for positive behaviors and habits: A great primer by David Sherwin, that also includes a nice 96-slide power point presentation if you don’t want to read his piece, which is really good!
- Biggest stories of 2014 didn’t need traditional news outlets: This is the biggest media story of the year and yet no one has caught on to the magnitude of change and growing irrelevance of traditional outlets. (From the archives: How Internet content distribution and discovery are changing & A few accumulated thoughts on media)
- A not so brief and extremely sordid history of cheerleading. Mother Jones investigates.
- A tree is known by its fruit: Texas Monthly’s Sonia Smith tells the story of pecan kings of Texas, the Saba family.
PS: I you would like to get alerts for these posts and my essays, I would urge you to sign up for my email newsletter.