Between work commitments and finding time to finish Brad Stone’s fantastic new book, The Upstarts, which is a careful and nuanced look into the world of Uber and Airbnb. From the look of it, today will be one of those days when I can’t really find time to sit down and write! So instead, I thought I’d share some of the things that are worth reading.
- Let’s start with this list of the best science books of 2016 by Maria Popovaof Brainpickings.
- I like reading books on my iPad. I like writing on my iPad. I listen to music and watch video on my iPad. I upgrade it every year. So, I am clearly not the problem. Then why are iPad sales in a decline? Ben Brooks is of the opinion that Apple is doing a bad job of marketing the “why” of iPad. What do you think?
- The merging of machines and humans is happening right now,argues former DARPA director Arati Prabhakar.
- Thanks to Product Hunt Founder Ryan Hoover, Silicon Valley was suddenly addicted to a flavored fizzy water brand, the infamous LaCroix. So what is its story?
- By the way, the same consumers who make long-forgotten brands hot again can also become activists and destroy a company’s prospects, as David Armano points out.
- Are you missing familiar voices when it comes to sports? Me too. And so are others.
- And last but not the least, streaming is changing music. Here’s how.