Many of us in California are bracing for a long windy and wet weekend. And if you’re like me, you will holed up at home and need something to do. I have a handful of stories that might be worth reading. A few of which are especially “smart takes” about recent developments in the technology industry.
- The great cryptocurrency heist: The rise and fall of Ethereum.
- Future Life in the City and the Growing Spaces Between Us: Interesting view on how technology reshapes the identity of cities.
- Only Human: Why is the tech industry fascinated by immortality, asks the New Republic.
- How two Florida guys conquered the shadowy world of dietary supplements: Men’s Journal investigates.
- The most innovative companies in diabetes: A good overview by Quid on the companies that are targeting one of the most widespread diseases of modern times.
- The quaking giant: Short, but eye-opening story on a 13 million pound tree called Pando, and its struggle to survive.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s answer to a world divided by Facebook, is more Facebook: Wired writer Cade Metz has a refreshingly candid analysis of the new mega-memo Zuck published this week.
- Why did Amazon release Chime, a video conferencing app?: Larry Digan reads between the lines and explains why Chime represents the three-way battle between Amazon, Google and Cloud.
WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND: