These are my picks for the year, which admittedly was light on reading on my part. I spent way too much time wandering around with my camera and didn’t pick up the books often enough. I bought about 27 books and I finished sixteen. Rest were pretty average and some were plain rubbish. I was fooled into buying them because of internet recommendations and magazine reviews. The top five, however were amazing and are worth re-reading sometime in the future. They were all a recommendation from a friend or a friend of a friend.
- American Kingpin by Nick Bilton
- IQ by Joe Ide
- The Fate of Rome by Kyle Harper
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? by Alan Alda
- Draft No. 4: On the Writing Process by John McPhee
These are fun reads as well, it is just that they didn’t make the top five.
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street by Sheelah Kolhatkar
- The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from My Life by John le Carré
- Men Without Women: Stories by Haruki Murakami
- The True History of Tea by Eling Hoh.