These are some of the stories, essays and blog posts I have read today. This list is updated multiple times a day, so be sure to comeback often. The latest one is on top. Sign-up for my email newsletter to get this mailed to you at the end of the day.
- Climate change is acting as wildfire “threat multiplier.” a smart analysis of chnaging climate, and the California Wildfires. Read on WeatherWest.
- Why I am long humanity. An excellent essay by my dear friend and investor, Michael Eisenberg. “Social Media has become the Rings of Gyges,” he writes and “craving for human-ness is increasing as uncertainty in the world, and the economy is increasing.”
- Regardless of your politics, this article about how Amazon used a bidding war to scrap cities data is worth a read. Read on In These Times.
- How debt collection companies are destroying small business across the U.S. An excellent example of investigative business journalism and smart use of significant media resources. Read this and be outraged for the real reasons. Read on Bloomberg. (h/t Paul Kedrosky)
- Some more shitty things the shittest Silicon Valley company (no, not Facebook) did to save its bacon. Read on Buzzfeed News