- Summer is almost here. And soon, we will be wearing the Polo Shirt. Maybe it is time you learn about the history of the Polo Shirt. Right?
- Did IBM Watson overpromise and underdeliver on AI healthcare? IEEE Spectrum digs into what some of us always thought was really just one big marketing push — or as they say, all sizzle and no steak.
- 66 minutes to save Notre Dame. It is a news report, but it is a damn good one.
- The End of Empathy. NPR sometimes outdoes itself. Empathy, like civility and considered thinking, has become a victim of how networks have metastasized and accelerated our lives beyond belief.
- Dice Roll: The Phantom Gambler. Okay, this is just good writing.
- Why does Popovich — the NBA’s all-time winningest coach and the architect of a two-decades-long basketball dynasty — care so damn much about dinner? The answer may surprise you.
This first appeared on my April 21, 2019, weekly newsletter, A Letter from Om. If you like to get this delivered to your inbox, just sign-up here, and I will take care of the rest.
Feature photo courtesy of Unsplash