- We often hear talk about racial bias in artificial intelligence. This week, I read an article that reinforced my belief that all technology has a bias. Take photography as an example.
- I have to admit, Wired UK is the Wired I want to read all the time. I mean, who else would publish a riveting story about how hitman-for-hire darknet sites are all scams?
- Meanwhile, Wired’s Backchannel has a disturbing story about how to get someone knocked off with some bitcoin.
- If you are a Jeopardy fan, then you will love the story about the secret society of LA-based Jeopardy champions.
- Loneliness is a disease, and it is silently spreading. It will get worse as we get more attached to our technologies and retreat away from “real life.” But the Danish have come up with a simple and elegant way to deal with it. I leave you (just for the week) with this uplifting human story.
This first appeared on my April 28, 2019, weekly newsletter. If you like to get this delivered to your inbox, just sign-up here, and I will take care of the rest.