- What makes Pharell so awesome (and amazing). Find out!
- Boris Johnson, British Prime Minister? Seriously. How did this happen?
- How San Francisco broke America’s heart. Well, for starters, the headline is a bit hyperbolic, and there are some generalizations. Other than that, a very good article ruminating on the City by the Bay.
- People blame Uber for the taxi industry’s woes. Wait till you read this expose. This made me very angry.
- Growing up, the name Niki Lauda was synonymous with driving crazy fast. I revered him as a driver, and would read about him in the magazines. I was deeply saddened to see him go into the big garage in the sky. BBC pays homage to one of Formula One Racing very best. A better way is to watch the 2013 movie Rush, or this even better one on YouTube. There is also Lauda: The Untold Story available for download on iTunes.
- What is happening to this most amazing island in Greece?
- If you are a South Asian, English, South African, Australian, New Zealander or West Indian, then you are likely aware of a little tournament called the Cricket World Cup. But if you are not, then you should read this awesome story about the Filipinas and their love of the game.
This first appeared on my May 25, 2019, weekly newsletter. If you like to get this delivered to your inbox, just sign-up here, and I will take care of the rest.