- AT&T VoIP @ Best Buy stores now, take that Vonage
- Its like Disco, Web 2.0, and its back
- Cablevision is blocking the Port 25, making it difficult for some VoIP users.
- UK DSL is not as fast as US DSL. I guess not all DSL lines are created equal
- Gulp, Lucent has finished its acquisition of Telica
- Tapping VoIP lines, not that easy. Or cheap
- Yet another VoIP service, except fatter
- Doctors on VoIP
- Dial your CRM, thanks to Cisco, Microsoft and VoIP
2 thoughts on “08/23/2004 Bonus Bytes”
You saved me.
I woke up this morning and couldn’t send email out of any of my accounts. Three different SMTP servers no less – none of them Cablevision of course.
No word from them nothing, they just closed port 25. I called and their solution? “We don’t allow that for residential customers, but you can upgrade to business class for $110 a month.”
Inexcusable! Just use mail.optonline.net as your SMTP. Let’s see how long it takes for them to enable authentication.
Yes. Increasingly common. Soon nearly every mainstream ISP will do it…..