- VoIP Inc chasing small cable companies: Net2Phone failed to do this, but VoIP Inc. will succeed. Sure!
- Packet8 dials-up Amazon.com
- A new survey and report from AT&T in cooperation with the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) reportedly shows that a majority of corporate executives now predict that they will implement voice over Internet protocol (VoIP).
- Qwest adds 10 markets to its business VoIP service
- FCC wants comments on wiretaps
- Pulver 100 is out
One thought on “09/27/2004 VoIP Daily”
Another interpretation (just for fun) of the same data used by AT&T and EIU:
1. 254 senior executives worldwide are evenly divided on the use of VoIP, with majority (57%) not seeing the benefit.
2. Even in 2008, VoIP will garner less than 6% of worldwide fixed telecom retail services revenue.
3. 87% of the respondents think cost reduction is the primary motive. So incumbents can reduce the price and undercut the movement towards VoIP.
Oh well. “Lies, damn lies and statistics.” Don’t take this seriously.