What a busy day in the networking world.
* Stoke, is unstealthed. Not much to report in addition to what I already did, though apparently they have two trials.
* Juniper Networks gets deeper into security business, buys Funk Software for $122 million. I would have paid that much just for the domain name alone.
* One time pretender, Enterasys decides to sell itself to private equity firms, The Gores Group and Tennenbaum Capital Partners for $386 million. Refresh: this is one of the many chips off the Cabletron block. Anyone remember them?
* Linksys One, the new small and medium sized brand from Linksys and Cisco. VoIP and hosted VoIP services to be sold in tandem with service providers like MCI and VARs.
* Emmys for mobile television shows. Even if no one is watching them?
* Mobile Linux is hot, and getting hotter.
* Albert Lin of American Technology Research says that the CDMA EV-DO RAZR by Motorola is now looking like a mid-December launch instead of the November 29th date he heard earlier. He predicts 400,000 units will be sold within days.