Google I/O got off to an eventful start thanks to keynote delays, the pre-release of news on Google’s websites before it was announced on stage and an epic skydiving stunt. Here is a quick run-down of day one by the numbers:
- 400 million active Android devices worldwide. Around this time last year, there were 100 million active Android devices.
- Google is activating 1 million Android devices daily.
- A million NFC-enabled devices are being activated every week.
- South Korea and Japan saw 200 percent year over year growth in activations of Android devices.
- India, Thailand and Brazil saw 400 percent increase in activations on a year-over-year basis.
- There are 600,000 Android apps.
- There have been 20 billion app installs to date.
- Two-third of Play revenue comes from outside of the US.
- Google has more than 4 million books in the Play store.
- YouTube has 800 million monthly users.
- There are 350 million mobile devices with YouTube installed on them.
- Twitter users share 700 YouTube videos every minute.
And now for the Google+ numbers.
- 250 million accounts.
- 150 million monthly active Google+ users.
- 75 million daily active users.
- Apparently daily actives spend more than 12 minutes per day.