I am swamped under deadlines for the magazine and also researching a couple of big pieces. Still, there are some interesting little snippets I must send your way to keep you entertained and busy.
- Ben versus Mena, and no it is not a family squabble.
- Forget Proto page, and say hello to Clipmarks. Its the new shiny Web 2.0 thing of today. Not that they are very much alike!
- Blummy, a new way to quickly access to your favorite web services via your bookmark toolbar.
More goodness worth reading….
- Fighting Spam with Reputation Systems, a paper by Vipul Ved Prakash and Adam O’Donnell, Cloudmark.
- Click to call goes to Australia.
- Generating and Querying Semantic Web Environments for Photo Libraries
. Good read, to understand what the fuss over Riya is all about.
Web 2.0 encompasses everything. It’s bigger than all of us and that is why everyone has trouble saying just exactly what Web 2.0 is. It encompasses The Free World I speak of, Chris Anderson’s Long Tail, Om Malik’s “Built to Flip,” the Perkins Curve, “the Singularity” of Ray Kurzweil, Nicholas Negroponte’s $100 PC, The rebirth of AT&T sorta with IPTV, Google’s “GoogleWorld,” the “Mashington Post” and Ray Ozzie’s Microsoft Live. Some folks still can’t believe that the words “Ray Ozzie” and “Microsoft” can appear in the same sentence, and if that doesn’t say something is up what does?