Earlier this morning my GigaOM colleague Stacey Higginbotham asked me to give her some recommendations on songs for her to have a rocking Friday. I dug into my vast list and came up with the following playlist which is global, unique and off the beaten path. What it is not — top 40 fodder. Enjoy!
- Never Stop/Gonzales
- Papa americano/Dj Kiky<
- Echoes/Oliver Koletzki & Fran
- Un Soir, Un Chien/Laetitia Sadier
- Lovesick/Lindstrøm & Christabelle
- Lilly/Pink Martini
- Siempre me quedará/Bebe
- Lake of Udaipur (Jaïpur Remix)/Béatrice Ardisson
- Tell Me Why/Catya Maré
- Calling (Feat. Sophie Barker)/Bliss
Now these are additional songs that can give your day a nice little lift. They are a little older so a good chance they might are part of your aural subconscious.
- Mi Buenos Aires/Overdub Sessions
- La Gloria (Poirier Remix)/Gotan Project
- The Mating Game/Bitter:Sweet
- Anyone’s Ghost/The National
- In the Black of Night/Slow Train
(Songs/Artists) These songs are available on the iTunes store.