Earlier this week, when I tweeted that I intend to spend my holiday break essentially reading books and watching movies, many asked what was I planning to read. Here is a list of five books that are currently on the menu.
- The Signal and the noise by Nate Silver. I am almost half way through and am enjoying reading it.
- Mastermind by Maria Konnikova. This is next on deck for two reasons – Maria is one of my favorite writers and also this book is about Sherlock Holmes way of thinking. (available on January 3rd. I have a review copy.)
- The best of young brazilian novelists, a Granta (121) collection. I am fascinated by Brazil and its people. I have many friends from the land of Ayrton Senna. This is a good way to learn about the country without getting on a plane.
- The best American Science Writing 2012. Well, it is a collection of stories I like to read at the end of the year. It makes me focus on what’s important beyond Silicon Valley’s obsessions.
- And for the child in me, I am reading a favorite from my childhood – Malgudi Days by R.K. Narayan.