Don’t get mad at me for not finding seven stories for you to read this weekend. I have been busy with some other stuff and as a result I have not been able to spend as much time reading as I normally do. Regardless, here is an abbreviated recommendation list. Hope you enjoy them.
- Silence versus communication: A productivity experiment from one of my favorite new companies, 6Wunderkinder, is a must read for those who want to get more from their day.
- Publishers are flubbing the iPad. No doubt, for all they are doing is repurposing the old magazines onto the iPad instead of thinking about magical experiences that leverage the iPad and its sensors.
- Allan Sloan, Fortune‘s editor at large, thinks that the Facebook IPO is all marketing, hypocrisy and arrogance.
- Information cartels of today are like the computer hardware giants of the old, buying politics and mortgaging our future, writes Reginald Braithwaite, a veteran programmer. I love this piece.
- The secret life of your personal data, animated. Enough said.