It has been one of the most hectic weeks. We had earnings news from tech stalwarts, we saw the release of the new version of Apple’s(s AAPL) OS X. And Google(s GOOG) launched Google Fiber. I am actually surprised that I got any reading done this week. Here is my recommended list.
- The Death of the ringtone: To say that Nokia(s NOK) is in throes of pain is a gross understatement. However, nothing embodies its agony as does the slow muting of the Nokia ringtone that was once as ubiquitous as Coke around the planet.
- The best and the worst of London 2012 Olympic marketing round-up. It is a fun post and even funnier Pinterest board.
- Self-driving cars coming to a highway near you. That’s all.
- McSweeney’s ultimate guide to writing better than you normally do. Big takeaway: write every day. OK, I will.
- 10 timeframes. Don’t ask. Just read it. Trust me.
- Greetings from Williston, North Dakota: the new Wild West, thanks to oil.
- What’s on your summer to-do list? Organizing your closet perhaps?
2 thoughts on “7 stories to read this weekend”
Paul Ford’s 10 Timeframes speech was definitely worth writing. The device he used to help the audience imagine different timeframes must have worked really well. Thanks, Om.
Yes! It’s fascinating. Thanks from me, too, Om.