- XTen, the real power under the VoIP hood. Much like Global IP Sound, I guess. It has now part of the Yahoo Messenger engine.
- Ericsson and Napster hook-up for mobile music. In retaliation to Apple-Motorola and Nokia-Loudeye. And of course the carriers will take this lying down.
- Reed Hundt, former FCC chief on Open Networks, and VoIP
- VSkype update per James Enck – the damn thing is buggy as hell.
- Colubris kicks Proxim’s almost cold dead body, reminding me of one senile actor who is the habit of saying, from my cold dead hands…
- Verizon, surprised that speed sells, when it comes to fiber.
- SBC = Strange Beliefs Corporation
2 thoughts on “June 15, Good Afternoon Broadband”
I can’t keep track of all of this. Are the guys who put together XTen related to the guys doing Asterisk? My head is spinning — how does Mr. Malik keep track of all of this dizzying news?
In MA, at least, Verizon is definitely red lining with their FIOS rollout.