We hosted the second NewTeeVee Live conference yesterday, and by all metrics it was a successful event. Despite the economic climate, we sold out the event that attracted some of the movers, shakers and of course creators from the world of online video. I wanted to take a moment and thank all the attendees, our sponsors (and there were many) and our speakers who rewarded us with their time and attention. The line up and editorial vision for the conference came from Liz Gannes and Chris Albrecht who work tirelessly to make NewTeeVee a must read.
The awesome community is one of the reasons why we have been able to evolve NewTeeVee with the online industry itself. Yesterday, I wrote about the opportunities and challenges facing the online video ecosystem. After a day of intense conversations and debates, I have some ideas which I am going to crystallize as a series of essays over next few days. As you might have guessed by now, we are all taking a much needed break today and through the weekend, but I had to get up and point out that this conference was a true team effort. You can catch up on the conference by going to NewTeeVee where all the blog posts and videos are available for your consumption. We will be adding more content over next few days.
Here are some video highlights of the conference:
- Keynote – Jason Kilar, CEO, Hulu
- Keynote – Reed Hastings, CEO, Netflix
- Keynote – Anthony E. Zuiker, Creator and Executive Producer, CSI: Franchise
- Fireside Chat – Alexis Rapo, VP, Digital Media, Disney-ABC Television Group
- Fireside Chat – Blake Krikorian, CEO, Sling Media and his Red Carpet Interview
- Mininote – Tania Yuki, Senior Product Manager, comScore