We are only ten days away from Structure’08, our web infrastructure conference. As part of our preparation for this event, our team of reporters & bloggers is finding new & interesting open source projects that are tackling various aspects of Cloud Computing, a concept popularized by Amazon through its web services efforts. Here is a list of some of the recent projects and our reports around them.
- OStatic: Roll your own Cloud with Enomalism. Enomalism is a provisioning and management system that gets rid of some of the complexity of building a cloud infrastructure.
- OStatic: Eucalyptus, an elastic computing architecture, developed by a team lead by Rick Wolski, a professor in the UC Santa Barbara’s Computer Science Department. The interesting part of this project is that after we broke the story, most of the team was contacted by Facebook recruiters. Nice to see FB thinking cloud in a big way. More when I meet their technology brain trust.
- OStatic: What does Hadoop mean to you?. (App details.)
- OStatic: Hypertable, a massively parallel high performance database modeled after Google’s Bigtable.
- Refresh the Net: Puppet, an open source server management software that helps with the automation and scaling of infrastructure.